Things to do in Huntsville
There are so many things to do in Huntsville and we are in the middle of it all. We are located a few short steps away from a variety of shops, art museums, and restaurants.
No Huntsville trip is complete without a visit to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, the largest spaceflight museum in the world. Take in the excitement of viewing exotic animals at Harmony Park Safari, one of Huntsville's most surprising gems.
Round out your trip with shopping at some of the area's most popular shops. The Bridge Street Town Centre is just a few steps away. In addition, Bridge Street Restaurants offer a plethora of exotic foods and cuisines to choose from.
Things to do in Huntsville
View the top Huntsville attractions near The Westin Huntsville.
- Historic Huntsville Depot
- Huntsville Symphony Orchestra
- Lowe Mill Arts Center
- Merrimack Hall & Performing Arts Center
- Bridge Street Town Centre
- Harmony Park Safari
- Huntsville Botanical Garden
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center
- Huntsville Museum of Art
- Veterans Memorial Museum
How To Get Here
Must-See Huntsville Attractions
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center: Visit the birthplace of our nation's Space Program and largest spaceflight museum in the world. It showcases the past, present, and future of American spaceflight.
- Huntsville Botanical Gardens: Walk the nature trails at the home of the nation's largest seasonal butterfly house.
- Harrison Brothers Historic Hardware Store: Established in 1879 and remains the best place in town for locally crafted pottery and jewelry, garden gadgets, and gourmet food items.
- Veterans Memorial Museum: Displays more than 30 historical military vehicles, artifacts, and other memorabilia from World War I to present.
- Harmony Park Safari: Remain in your vehicle on a two-mile route to see free-ranging and endangered animals like zebras, ostriches, antelope, zebus, a camel, and crocodiles.
- Historic Huntsville Depot: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Depot grounds are open free to the public from 9am-5pm daily.
Huntsville Sports & Recreation
- Titono Gondola: Take a leisurely gondola ride around Bridge Street's Lake
- Huntsville Havoc: A member of the Southern Professional Hockey League holding a President's Cup ( Playoff Champion) is now in its 13th season.
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail: A dazzling collection of public golf courses, 378 holes at eight spectacular sites throughout the entire state of Alabama.
- Indian Creek Greenway: A beautiful greenway route that runs north along the creek, bordered by farmland and woods; A perfect trail route for families.
Arts & Cultural Activities in Huntsville
- Lowe Mill Art Center: Comprised of 133 working studios, over 200 artists, 6 fine art galleries, a multi-use theater and spacious performance venues, this artistic hub welcomes visitors to explore it all.
- Huntsville Museum of Art: North Alabama's leading visual arts center offers art classes for children and adults in addition to its exhibitions.
- Merrimack Hall & Performing Arts Center: Catering to children, teens, and adults with special needs for over 10 years. Attend one of the dynamic performances today!
- Huntsville Symphony Orchestra: Also recognized as the Von Braun Center, hosts eclectic events year round.
Dining & Entertainment in Huntsville
- The Westin - Sage Grille: Over the past 3 years, Sage Grille has won numerous local awards for our culinary creations. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner with us.
- Scene Lounge in Monaco Theatre: Located in Bridge Street Town Centre, Scene Restaurant serves a delicious menu of shareable, American classics, and sushi.
- Cantina Laredo: Taste the modern side of Mexican Food.
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro: Experience authentic Chinese food and Asian cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere.