Things to Do in Huntsville, AL
There are so many things to do and enjoy in Huntsville, AL - and our hotel is right in the middle of it all. The Westin Huntsville is located a few short steps away from a variety of shops, art museums, and restaurants.
No trip to the area is complete without a visit to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, the largest spaceflight museum in the world. Experience the excitement of viewing exotic animals at Harmony Park Safari, one of Huntsville's most surprising gems.
Round out your trip with shopping at some of the area's most popular shops. The Bridge Street Town Centre is just a few steps away. In addition, Bridge Street Restaurants offer a plethora of exotic foods and cuisines from which to choose.
Browse some of our favorite things to do below, and start planning a memorable weekend visit.
Must-See Huntsville Attractions
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center: Visit the birthplace of our nation's Space Program and largest spaceflight museum in the world. It showcases the past, present, and future of American spaceflight.
- Huntsville Botanical Gardens: Walk the nature trails at the home of the nation's largest seasonal butterfly house.
- Harrison Brothers Historic Hardware Store: Established in 1879, this store remains the best place in town for locally crafted pottery and jewelry, garden gadgets, and gourmet food items.
- Veterans Memorial Museum: This museum displays more than 30 historical military vehicles, artifacts, and other memorabilia from World War I to the present day.
- Harmony Park Safari: Remain in your vehicle on a two-mile route to see free-ranging and endangered animals like zebras, ostriches, antelope, zebus, a camel, and crocodiles.
- Historic Huntsville Depot: Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Depot grounds are open free to the public from 9am-5pm daily.
Huntsville Sports & Recreation
- Titono Gondola: Take a leisurely gondola ride around Bridge Street's Lake.
- Huntsville Havoc: Catch a hockey game while you're in town; the Havoc is part of the Southern Professional Hockey League.
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail: A dazzling collection of public golf courses, the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail offers 378 holes at eight spectacular sites throughout the entire state of Alabama.
- Indian Creek Greenway: This beautiful greenway route runs north along the creek, and is bordered by farmland and woods. It's a wonderful thing to do with family.
Arts & Cultural Activities in Huntsville
- Lowe Mill Art Center: Comprised of 133 working studios, over 200 artists, 6 fine art galleries, a multi-use theater and spacious performance venues, this artistic hub welcomes visitors to explore it all.
- Huntsville Museum of Art: North Alabama's leading visual arts center offers art classes for children and adults in addition to its exhibitions.
- Merrimack Hall & Performing Arts Center: Catering to children, teens, and adults with special needs for over 10 years. Attend one of the dynamic performances today!
- Huntsville Symphony Orchestra: Also recognized as the Von Braun Center, hosts eclectic events year round.
Dining & Entertainment in Huntsville
- LSage Grille: Over the past several years, our hotel's Sage Grille has won numerous local awards for our culinary creations. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner with us.
- Scene Lounge in Monaco Theatre: Located in Bridge Street Town Centre, Scene Restaurant serves a delicious menu of shareable, American classics, and sushi.
- Cantina Laredo: Taste the modern side of Mexican Food.
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro: Experience authentic Asian cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere.